The stand-up comedian Kapil Sharma is once again in the news for wrong reasons. This time he is in the news for picking up a fight with the senior entertainment journo and Spotboy editor, Vickey Lalwani over certain posts in his news portal.
The tweets sent by Kapil show that he has minced words against Vickey and a phone tap showing his chat with the journo has also become viral.
According to Vickey Lalwani, “I am in a state of daze. I have spoken to the man who made me and my family smile every minute that he appeared on the small screen.”
“After Kaun Banega Crorepati, we finally had a show which was Appointment Viewing for us, and I am sure for many others too”, he said.
And then he started failing, incidentally after his mid-air brawl with Sunil Grover on March 16, 2017. We so wanted him to return to his good, old ways. But in fact, he started annoying even the film industry by making them wait for endless hours. There was apparently no remorse, hence no change for the better. And God save me, this evening he abused and threatened me left, right and centre for only reporting the shoots that he has been cancelling, the fact that his film Firangi was bad and the truth that his new show Family Time With Kapil Sharma (FTWKS) is no great shakes, Vickey said.
After his alleged abusive Twitter rant, Kapil Sharma has filed a police complaint against journalist Vickey Lalwani and his ex-managers Preeti and Neeti Simoes for trying to extort Rs 25 lakh from him.
On Friday, Kapil Sharma left netizens confused after allegedly posting a series of abusive tweets in defense of Bollywood actor Salman Khan who was convicted and sentenced to five years in jail in the 1998 Blackbuck poaching case. Kapil Sharma also allegedly targeted Lalwani’s media house for publishing fake news and spreading negative coverage. He allegedly added that if he were the Prime Minister of India, he would have sentenced the creators of fake news to death by hanging. Not to mention that it was recently that the government had backtracked from its plan to bring stringent laws against fake news on severe pressure mounted by journos and politicians.
The abusive tweets, however, were soon deleted from Kapil Sharma’s Twitter page.
The actor-comedian rose to fame after winning ‘The Great Indian Laughter Challenge’ a decade ago. The win led to several others shows for him, finally landing him ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’.
when Kapil Sharma hogged the limelight for wrong reasons in past.
- He made headlines after he reportedly assaulted co-star Sunil Grover in a drunken state in the sky while flying.
- Kapil tweeted to Prime Minister Narendra Modi asking, “Yeh hain aapke achhe din?”. In another tweet, he said, “I am paying Rs 15 cr income tax from last 5 year n still I have to pay 5 lacs bribe to BMC office for making my office.”
- Kapil Sharma reportedly lashed out Priyanka Chopra after the actress allegedly kept him waiting for three hours and caused a further delay since she wasn’t ready even after arriving for an awards show the comedian was hosting.
- Kapil Sharma reportedly misbehaved with actress Tanishaa Mukerji, singer Monali Thakur,and Marathi actress Deepali Sayeed during a party after the International Marathi Film Festival Awards in 2015.
- After his successful show ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil’ went off air, the channel Colors cited Kapil Sharma’s demand for a higher pay and his violation of a few clauses in the contract as the reason.
- Back in 2014, Kapil Sharma was booked for non- payment of tax dues amounting to around Rs 60 lakh.
Though a successful comedian on screen, Kapil has been going through a rough patch in his career and in his personal life as well. It all started with infamous mid-night brawl with actor Sunil Grover. Followed by which Grover left his show along with other artistes including Ali Asgar.
Last year, Kapil who turned 37 on April 2, had confessed that he was suffering from depression and had undergone treatment for the same.
Kapil Sharma made his comeback on the small screen on March 25, with his much-awaited show ‘Family Time With Kapil Sharma’, which turned out to be a completely flop show. It was being speculated that the show might end up going off air soon after negative reviews. However, a good rating given by the recent Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) helped him sail through.
Meanwhile, Chamber Of Film Journalist has strongly condemned the misbehaviour of Kapil Sharma towards senior film journalist Vicky Lalwani.
“As reported by Vickey, he was badly abused by Kapil on phone. Now Kapil has started gaining notoriety for his misbehaviour towards his co-stars and now media persons too,” it said.